Here is a list of simple, but effective ways to entertain guests at a wedding day.
1. Have Wedding Day Schedule on Display. Let everyone know that you planned a canapé and games, or something special for the guests.
2. Eco Friendly Confetti. Your nearest and dearest want to be part of the celebration and want to show you how they happy for you. Prepare rose petals or eco friendly confetti to toss when they cheer the newly weds.
3. Canapé / Donut Bar / Ice-cream Bar. All three are a great idea, would be nice to have a cocktail bar as well. Booth always a good way to entertain guests at your wedding day. Ice-cream is especially good choice for a summer wedding. A little taste of celebration for the guest and entertainment while you are at the photo shoot.
4. Lawn Games. Little something for your guests to do while you are away for the photo shoot. They are a big hit especially with kids.
5. Photo Booth / Instant Cameras / Polaroid Photo Wall. A little keepsake for you and for the guests that they will sure keep for a long time. If you want for everyone to share they photos it would be great to have a special hashtag.
6. Guest Book. A little book to collect all the pics from the Photo Booth, or for your guest to leave nice little notes for you and say how much they loved to be a part of your wedding day.
7. Candy Bar. All your favourite sweets to share with everyone. Have a little paper bugs for those who wants to take a few candies to go. Also it would be great to have special made cookies or chocolates with your initials. They will be a great hit for sure. Here are a few more ways to personalise your wedding.
8. Live Music. Great live band or dj makes a difference and a great way to entertain guests at your wedding day. They set the vibe for the dance floor, and can light up a crazy party. We have a few recommendations for you here.
9. Dancing Shoes
What a great touch for those who wants to dance the night away. People wear their finest for your celebration. Having dancing flats would be a thoughtful touch.
At the moment it’s ‘no singing in doors no dancing policy’. But lets it not ruining the fun and find a way around it.It’s getting warmer and an outdoor band or a small guitarist and singer team like Rosie & James could bring that special charm to your ceremony and stay as a DJ for the reception.
– No dancing – Let’s play charades with guests, or wedding Bingo, or let’s solve a giant crossword puzzle with question about the happy couple.
– Or Let’s auction some interesting wedding related items with the proceeds going to the honeymoon fund. Everyone is involved boozy and happy!
– One of this suggestions or all of them could be a great addition to the wedding reception and make your wedding celebration fun and memorable.
And remember, the Covid-19 restrictions have affected us all. Wedding industry suppliers and services are trying their best to adjust. If you struggle to envision your wedding day with the ‘new normal’ get in touch with your chosen supplier. They will be happy to help, offer their advice and guidance. Our priority is get you married and for you to have the best day possible celebrating your love.
10. Confetti / Sparkler entrance or send-off. To end the great night on the great note or to start the reception with a big cheer. Confetti is a great alternative to sparkles with the total fire ban. Plus you don’t have to wait till it’s dark.